AEGIS Ontology has been developed as part of the AEGIS (Open Accessibility Everywhere: Ground-work, Infrastructure, Standards) project. OWL and OWL-doc formats can be accessed here: http://220.127.116.11/AEGIS_Ontology/. The main purpose of the AEGIS Ontology is the mapping between accessibility concepts, and how they can be mapped within accessibility scenarios. Hence, the AEGIS Ontology aims at providing support for the formal and unambiguous definition of accessibility domains, as well as the possible semantic interactions between them. It also aims at formalising conceptual information about:
1. The characteristics of users with disabilities, functional limitations and impairments (personal aspects).
2. Technical characteristics of I/O devices, general and functional characteristics of web, desktop and mobile applications, and other assistive technology that should be taken into account when describing an audience with disabilities and developing software applications. This information is mainly obtained from the Open Accessibility Framework-OAF (technical aspects).
3. And natural aspects of users such as user actions and logical interactions while using the above applications.
In order to navigate graphically through AEGIS Ontology a Wikipedia-like Web-based tool (wiki) has been developed which can be accessed here: http://18.104.22.168/wiki/index.php/Main_Page. This interface helps the AEGIS community to manage the development of the AEGIS Ontology and therefore the development of Open Accessibility Framework.
Once you visit the main page, you should find the “Getting started” section at the bottom of the page. This section consists of a user manual and 4 video tutorials showing how to effectively browse, search and query the ontology. Please read this user manual first:
Demo videos also cover a standard usage scenario of AEGIS Ontology’s interface. They show how to log in, how to enter and add project-related data, how to tag it semantically and how to query and visualize the tagged data.
• http://22.214.171.124/wiki/images/7/79/Part1_RequestAccount.avi: Use this video in order to request an account and log in to the wiki. Please be aware that we disabled direct account creation and logging in requires submission and approval of accounts by administrators. Once the account is approved, you will be e-mailed a notification message and the account will be usable at login.
• http://126.96.36.199/wiki/images/d/de/Part2_Navigation-Search.avi: This video tutorial shows how you can search for content in AEGIS ontology’s interface.
• http://188.8.131.52/wiki/images/0/0f/Part3_OntologyBrowsing.avi: In this video you will learn how to browse the ontology.
• http://184.108.40.206/wiki/images/0/0e/Part4-QueryingData.avi: This video tutorial is about the query interface. In this video you will learn how to create queries using this user-friendly graphical tool.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have technical problems with the Wiki, but also be aware of the Wiki Help on the sidebar and the 4 video tutorials in main page.