Our Accessibility Policy
AEGIS is committed to making this web site accessible to the widest possible audience, including people with visual disabilities using screen-reading software.
Accessibility and Usability Features
As part of that commitment, following accessibility and usability features have been considered and applied:
- Skip Navigation - A "Skip Navigation Link" option is available at the top of every web page. This allows users with mobility impairments and those who use screen-reader software to go directly to the main content and different menus of a web page without having to deal with repetitive navigation links.
- We have tested our web page design with web accessibility tools. As a result, we have made changes to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities.
- Following current web standards for HTML 4.01, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), while maintaining accessibility to older browsers.
- Avoiding excess images, image maps and use of animation material.
- Using hypertext links that make sense when read out of context.
- Using headings, lists and web site structure in a consistent manner, including using CSS to control the Web site's style and, in some cases, to control layout.
- Avoiding the use of frames.
- Validating pages with various tools, including the W3C's HTML Validation Service.
- Testing on Windows and numerous browsers (IE 7&8, Mozilla Firefox 3).
- Using various accessibility checklists and guidelines, including those at www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT.
Please let us know if you have any problems accessing our web site. When you contact us, please note:
- The nature of your accessibility problem.
- The format you prefer for receiving requested web site material.
- The web address of the requested material.
- Your contact information.